Believe it or not, this is very common and it is also the easiest way to get your child support reduced. For example, bonuses cannot be counted as regular income in most cases. So if your bonuses have been calculated into your child support amount as regular income, you may be over paying.
- Check all of the calculations yourself.
- Gather as much evidence as you can of the miscalculation.
- Set an appointment to review and appeal your child support obligation.
Common Child Support Calculation Errors
- Bonuses – If you do not receive the same bonus every month, make sure you consult your attorney or child support case worker to have your income recalculated.
- Commission – Ask your attorney or child support case worker how commission should be calculated.
- Overtime – Your overtime hours should not be calculated as regular monthly earnings.
Please Help Us Help YouIf you know of or live in a state that offers child support reduction for the above, please leave a comment below. You do not have to provide your real name and we do not share your email address with anyone. As much information as you can provide would be greatly appreciated. All submissions will be verified before the information on this page is updated.
The Top 6 Fastest Ways To Reduce Your Child Support
Disclaimer: Any and all information appearing on this site is for educational purposes only and should not be considered as legal advice. Please consult an attorney to verify any and all claims made on this site.